Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


9.03.2004  

I am 16 going on 17...

A couple of weeks ago, my good buddy Brian turned 27. Years. Old. A couple of days ago on the 1st of September, Andrew joined him at that rather...oh...stupendous mark :) As of yesterday, September 2, Scott turned 21. It's still rather strange to me that some of my closest friends should be so varied in age. The ages themselves don't sound odd; it's when Scott tells me that he was born in 1983 that I kinda sorta maybe get the heebee jeebees. Why? Malia was born in 1983, and the thought that one of my closest friends is less than a month older than my baby sister is a sign of my age. I'm getting to that point in life where age becomes less and less of a factor in how I relate to people.



Do you remember how, when you were younger, you always said, "One Day, when I get older..."? For me, I've begun to hear the gong that's telling me, "One Day has arrived, buddy."



Yikes.



Older age isn't so bad. People think I'm more sophisticated and cultured. I think I've just learned to cover my dorkiness with a little more skill. People think I've gained a dignified and gentlemanly carriage. I think it's my bad back and sore hamstrings that make me walk more slowly. People think I can articulate my thoughts with elegance and eloquence. I think I'm just becoming more and more like my dad...*sigh*...it's inevitable :)



All this to say a big Happy Birthday to Brian, Andrew, and Scott :)

posted by Bolo | 12:17 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious