Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


9.30.2004  

Awash

Woot! Tomorrow will see me, Scott, and Rob headed up to Indianapolis to chill for a day. If she acquiesces, Jewel will show us around Butler University and maybe throw the frisbee around with us for a little while.



I think it'll be my first true road trip with no big agenda. When I was in Ohio last week, that was for school...the road trip to OneDay03 was, well, for OneDay03...and Atlanta was for the ETS (Evangelical Theological Society) annual meeting. Cool, don't get me wrong, but still not something that was almost pure road trip. So yeah, I'm looking forward to this one :)



'Nuff of the road trip, though. Today in chapel, we had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Ligon Duncan preach on Ephesians 3:14 - 19. Wow. God's Word was taken apart and put back together again within my heart in an amazing way. Even more importantly, Dr. Duncan reminded me that the Holy Spirit works with power within me so that Christ may dwell in my heart. He also reminded me that the love that the Father has for Christ is the very same love that the Father has for us. That's God's word, not mine, not Dr. Ligon Duncan's. Read John 17:26 if you doubt it. That love is the love that Paul prayed would fill us up "to all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:19).



When Dr. Duncan spoke of being awash in the knowledge of the love that we cannot comprehend, I thought to myself of how I turn away from that love. I thought of the ways that God sings His overtures of love over me, of how He holds me and comforts me, and how I turn away. When I think of the possibility of going home, I think of how Kason will react to me the first time he sees me. He doesn't really understand it, but it would absolutely crush me if he were to tell me something like, "go away, I don't want to hug you!" In the same way, I often don't understand God's yearning for me, His love for me, but I know that I grieve Him when I run away from His affections. So what's my repsonse to God's love, to His love that is beautiful beyond comprehension? In all honesty, I'm not certain. God's love...wow...it's something to think on, to ponder, to wonder at. I'll be doing that for a while, I think. How long? For eternity :)



Oh, and Happy 21st Birthday, Malialani :)

posted by Bolo | 11:46 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious