Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


7.21.2004  

To quote...

"For he loves Thee too little who loves anything together with Thee, which he loves not for Thy sake."

 

That's what St. Augustine said...oh...a long, long time ago.  It's something I read a long time ago, and read again just a few moments ago, and hopefully, I'll be thinking about it for more than just a few moments more.  Essentially, he was saying that if I love anything but do not love it for God's sake, I do not love God rightly.  The problem I have with his assertion is not whether or not he's right (because he is), but which side of his Augustine's statement I fall on.  Oh, it's inevitable that I'll love things in a manner that does not include the Lord.  But how tender is my heart toward that truth?  How deeply do I desire to love the Lord with all my heart?  The problem I have with his assertion is not its truthfulness, but the manner in which it applies to me.  Hmmm...it seems like all truth is like that, when you get right down to it. 

posted by Bolo | 4:33 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious