Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


7.24.2004  

Assurance...how blessed

Thoughts as of late have run toward assurance...namely, the assurance of salvation.  The summer's been rough, I'll not deny.  What will often seem to be an ascent out of the muck and mire of my failures and doubts often turns into yet another downward cycle as I say to myself, "oh, what the heck," and dive right back in.  It's been a humbling process, and one I've had to learn to stare in the face.  Thus, the doubts of salvation come as no surprise.  Bear in mind, it's not a doubt that has me utterly forsaking all faith; rather, it's a doubt that leaves the fullness of joy seemingly empty. 



However, God is faithful.  This time of numb despair has produced a meditation on salvation, in particular the preservation that God has for His chosen ones.  It's reminded me of Christ's work...how complete it is, how full of hope it is, and how unashamedly merciful God is through it.  I can't quite capture what that reminder exactly does for my heart and my mind.  Still, I'm glad God is doing what He's doing...I can't quite explain it, 'cause I don't quite grasp it, but maybe when I do, I'll blog it. 

posted by Bolo | 7:46 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious