Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


3.16.2004  

Make A

Everyone else was moving to get up; I couldn't move. I didn't really want to, either. Dorm Meeting was over, and I could only sit there and think of how tiny my apprehension of Christ truly is. As everyone filed out of Boyce Chapel, I read through Isaiah 53 and Hebrews 9 and 10. Ruszkiewicz asked me what I was reading through. (He's good like that...always going to scripture whenever possible.) As I pondered what scripture was telling me of Christ, all I could think of was how much I didn't deserve to be pondering Christ in that way. *Sigh*...God is so good to me, and I'm so unwilling to accept His goodness. Yeah...God is good.



The past week has been both good and...well...not so good...but still good. Yesterday afternoon, I was in the computer lab, working on my background paper on the book of Romans. 8 - 20 pages, double spaced, to include background information on the book and a short summary of each chapter. I'd procrastinated (duh), and so I was constantly checking the clock, seeing if I had enough time to finish it before 6:30 pm, when I had to hand it in.



Then I realized something. I was studying the book of Romans...Romans!...and I wasn't treating it with the respect God's word deserves. Chiefly on my mind was getting the assignment done, and wondering if I could pull off yet another last-minute assignment that I'd still get an A on. *Sigh*...such was the way I was treating God's word.



I stopped typing and put my books away. I walked outside, angry at myself, frustrated at my horrible motives. Why am I here? A good grade on a paper, in a class? To make the Dean's List? For my degree? Nope.



I'm going to finish the background study on Romans, and I'm going to do it well. I pray God's Spirit teaches me as I do it; after all, I'll be doing it to His glory :)



posted by Bolo | 12:04 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious