Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


3.18.2004  

Haunting

Romans 12:9. I told Leeman today that it's been one of the verses that keeps coming to my mind. Let love be without hypocrisy. *Sigh*...I struggle mightily to not only love, but to love genuinely...without hypocrisy. I look at my life, I look at my interaction with others, and I realize how deeply I fail to love as the Lord commands...without hypocrisy. I'm so very arrogant, so very proud of who I am and who God is making me to be, that I must say that I do not love...without hypocrisy.



That verse haunts me. A good haunting, mind you, but a haunting nevertheless. It's almost like I can hear the Lord whisper it to me...let your love be without hypocrisy, John. And oh, how I need it! I am so very prone to be fake, to have impure and selfish motives, that I cannot possibly trust myself to follow this command to its fullest measure. No; I must keep vigil in making sure that I love not only as Christ loves, but through Christ. Yes, that is the only way that I can truly love without hypocrisy! For it is only through the cross of Christ that I can even begin to love purely.

posted by Bolo | 9:45 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious