Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


1.13.2004  

Old hat

Being sick as a dog sucks. Being sick as a dog on vacation sucks even more. Being sick as a dog while on vacation to visit a friend and also having your friend sick as a dog...well...yeah...you guessed it. It sucks. Such is life for Andrew and me right now. Other than that, it's not all that bad. School starts up in a little over a week, and I'm getting decent grades in my classes, so things are going well, you could say.



Or are they?



Life is far too easily encapsulated by how well I'm performing...or supposedly performing, that is. This morning, when I was reading through a few Psalms, I thought again about how quickly God's word becomes old hat. God being "clothed in majesty" or being from "everlasting to everlasting" is so...well...boring to me. But should it be? Hardly! I find it sad that I'm so much more impressed with myself or other people than with God. Every morning, the sun rises (or seems to). When is the last time I made the sun do that? Heck, when's the last time I was up early enough to *see* the sun do that? *Sigh*...God makes the sun to rise, and the stars to twinkle, or the skies to rain...and yet, I'm impressed with how I look in the mirror. Silly human.



posted by Bolo | 2:53 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious