Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


1.12.2004  

Is He enough?

I'm sitting in Blind Brandon's room right now, typing away at this entry. I'm thinking back to Josh's first message at New Attitude...he spoke on Psalm 73, and how that particular Psalm answers the question, "Is He enough?" During things like conferences and camps and good conversations with friends, that question is very easy to answer. It's during the lonely hours of the night, or the doubtful hours of the morning that we don't find the answer as convincing as it once was.



In an earlier entry, I touched upon that moment during Bob Kauflin's song. It was like I almost heard God smiling, that's how big He seemed to be smiling. Don't give up! Don't ever give up! I'll often wonder if it's worth it to keep on keeping on. I'll find the smiles less easy to produce, the truth not as sharp and vivid. But that reminder...Don't give up! Don't ever give up!...it's a reminder that not only is He in control, but that He's joyfully watching over every situation, every frustration, every sinful moment, every triumphant smile. And still, He laughingly says, Don't give up! Don't ever give up!



Is He enough? Yes, He is. The thing is, is that enough to make me run to Him? Or is He only enough to make me crawl? I think He's enough for both those times...those times when I want to run, and those times when I can only crawl. The beauty of that? In either case, He always reaches down and grabs me, 'cause there's no way I'd ever make it all the way to Him.

posted by Bolo | 10:31 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious