Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


1.28.2004  

Burning

Tired...eyeballs burning...burning...buurrrrrrnnniiiiiiiiiinnnnnng. Bleh. I'm sitting in U of L's library right now, waiting for Mon to finish work. We won't be leaving here for another hour and a half...I think I'll be sleeping soon. Speaking of which, I crashed at Carver last night in Jeff (actually, he says it more like, "Juheyurf") Johnson's room...I don't think we went to sleep until somewhere around two-ish. I sat there eating chocolate covered granola bars and drinking orange soda (he calls them "cokes"...strange people) while he talked about...hmmm...what did he talk about? :)



I found out it was something like 13 degrees outside this morning. At least, that's what Blind Brandon's computer said. I feel like some piece of Holy Hindu Meat being left in the freezer too long...when will I get to defrost?!?!?!



Dr. Mohler was walking Baxter last night, and as he often does, he passed through the halls of Carver. Juheyurf asked him about The Passion (the movie), since Digglety Migglety has already seen it. I don't recall the entire conversation, but it seems like his response to the movie has been positive. There's a lot of talk on campus about the movie, some of it centering on the second commandment, some of it upon the evangelistic impact, some on its faithfulness to the Truth. In any case, I find my own reaction rather...well...neutral. It's not that I won't see it or don't care to; in fact, I'll probably see it as soon as it comes out, just like everyone else. I guess you could say my neutrality comes down to spiritual edification; will it help me to get so worked up over the movie now, when it's still a month away? Probably not. Therefore, I'm not all that excited about it...yet. One thing Dr. Mohler did say that got me...well...raising an eyebrow: he'll be having Mel Gibson on his radio show within ten days to talk about the movie. The cool thing? It's broadcast from on campus.



Alright...time to find a nice little place to settle down for the next hour or so...did I mention my eyeballs are burning?

posted by Bolo | 3:28 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious