Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


12.01.2003  

Remember

I'd like to be able to say that a week of rest and relaxation, which was sorely needed, was just that: a week of R & R. The previous week, I was in Atlanta for a conference, sick and tired (literally and figuratively), and in desperately in need of some rest. So you'd think that this past week, with absolutely no school, would be just what I'd want. But it wasn't. The thing is, when the roar of school and the crazy typing I did to oblige my professors (see the entry from last Monday, the 24th) finally quieted down, I didn't get the utter silence of a week off that I'd hoped for.



Instead, I heard a lot of little noises. Things that would whisper and wiggle into my head. Lots of things I'd ignored, or perhaps taken for granted. All of a sudden, my quiet week began to get pretty loud. A lot of that realization came just this morning. It's hard to hear God, sometimes, because quite often we are only listening for the things we want to hear. It's always humbling when we realize that the irritating noises aren't being made by all the bad things out in the world, but by God Himself. I'm always amazed at what God says to me to get my attention...I just hope I learn to listen the first time.

posted by Bolo | 6:25 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious