Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


12.17.2003  

At long last

Three and a half hours or so of pure bliss. The Return of the King finally came out...and yes, I sat in the theater on Bardstown Road, and watched it in a state of boyish wonder and amazement. What gets to me is that despite the long runtime, the film *still* felt short! I was disappointed in that several scenes that I wanted to see weren't added in...oh well. I don't blame them, you know? The movie never dragged on, and the flow was very fast.



I called Matt last night and asked him these questions...I figured I'd post them here, and if you've seen the movie, you can take a stab at 'em, too :)



1. Is the finger that Frodo gets bitten off in the book the same as in the movie? Which is it in the movie? What about the book?

2. Gilraen, a character not introduced in the movies, says what two lines that are repeated by Elrond and Aragorn in their dialogue? Who is Gilraen? Why would that statement be a pun?

3. Which characters that bore the device of a rayed star on their raiment were in the books but not in the movies?

4. One character leaves the Grey Havens on the ship in the movie, but not in the books. Who is this character?



I had one more question, but my memory does not serve me very well today...oh well :)

posted by Bolo | 4:49 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious