Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


10.02.2003  

Sunset

You know what I miss? I miss sunsets at Kaka'ako Park, where I'd sit on the rocks watching the sun paint the sky in colors that I'd only previously seen melted together on old Filipino ladies, all while the waves swooshed around below. I miss sitting with Matt and Mike and Dean at Blow Hole, watching the night lit up with the Geminid meteor showers...it was one of those nights you hope never ends. I miss lying in the grass at Pu'unui Park late at night with the full moon coming up from behind the Ko'olau mountain range. I miss sitting outside of Andrew's house, the two of us talking until late became early, and a normal night became special. I miss sitting with Brian at Starbucks, asking him if I could be blunt, and with his blessing, telling him exactly what I felt my gut was telling me to tell him. I miss flipping the kayak over with Jon...and laughing afterwards. I miss dinner with my family, with me picking up Dad late 'cause Andrew and Brian and I surfed too long...family affairs were always times where we'd make more silly memories to tease each other about for years to come.



But do you know why I miss those things? I miss them because I could sit with You, God, and realize how blessed I am. Watching the sunset always carried with it an expectancy, an anticipation that You were there. You're still here, but do I look for You? The Geminids made me smile for two reasons: because they were something beautiful to watch, and because I had friends to watch them with. Pu'unui Park reminds me of my need to be real with You, to be a little child, to be weak and frail and joyful and awful and aware all at once. Andrew and Brian? What would I do without them? Yet, when you took us apart, You made us stronger. Going to Jon's house was like stepping into refreshment...there's no way I couldn't be encouraged. Being with my family...well...Christmas won't be the same without them...but You're with me...maybe I need to learn that again.

posted by Bolo | 7:29 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious