Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


10.03.2003  

Linger

Jonathan gave me a great word to ponder today: linger. I was telling him about the things I've been missing lately, and how I realized that I've not taken the time to sit with God...to "linger". I can't say that I haven't had the time to sit with Him, because that's not true. Rather, I've not taken the time to push everything else aside...to linger with Him. Being on a campus where the God is the emphasis can deceive us into thinking that we're automatically being fed. If anything, it's akin to going to a feast, given a huge plate with incredible food, being told to eat, and not eating. We can see and smell the food all we want, but if we don't take fork to food and eat, we won't be nourished. Sadly, I know I'm guilty of this, especially when I get busy and think that my service to God is so important that He can't possibly work through me if I don't accomplish everything. But that's not the case, is it? Nope...God wants me to linger...

posted by Bolo | 6:14 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious