Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


9.15.2003  

Weak

My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness. Last Thursday night, we sat there, unable to come up with an answer. We sat there feeling tiny and pathetic, almost foolish to even try. Yet, try as we might, every answer we came up with fell short of the mark, for we were pondering how to be like the Puritans, those great examples of faith that surpass anything that we as bible college students will likely ever muster. J.I. Packer's words taught us that night, and he shared with us how the Puritans could be compared to the great Redwood trees of California: massive, enduring, and incomparable. After reading about these giants of the faith and seeing the high standard to which they strove with every ounce of their being, not one of us felt worthy of aspiring to the same.



I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. But then Jonathan brought us out of our stupor. He reminded us that power is perfected in weakness, and that though he knew that it would be all but impossible to be as the Puritans were, he could be one thing that they were: weak. That sent the light flooding back into our downcast hearts. Weak...that, we knew we could be.



For when I am weak, then I am strong. Christ's strength is mine to have. That's an astounding thought. Yet, in order to claim that strength, I must be weak...humble...broken. Just as He was. I like to have things in control, to tell myself that I'm self-sufficient and without need. I like to wrest control of my life back from God, and tell Him that I don't need Him. That is why my life is lacking power, lacking depth. Oh, to be weak again...

posted by Bolo | 6:08 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious