Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


9.07.2003  

Root

One of the thoughts that's been prevalent in my head as of late is one that is hard to comes to terms with, at least in practice: being rooted in the Lord. John 15:5 reads, "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." When I think of that, I can't help but feel lacking in that, as it's been difficult to find that balance this semester. Studying for four classes is definitely enjoyable, but it still takes a certain kind of discipline that I haven't had to call upon for a long while. Hehe...in all honesty, I've probably *never* called upon it, at least for a whole semester :) Add to that the new ministry duties I get to participate in with the youth group at church, and things begin to get interesting. I do have to work a little, but not too much, and working at the country club is far from difficult ;)



No, what makes this new season difficult to adjust to isn't the weight of the load, it's how I'm handling that load, and what's driving me to go on. I suppose it's much like taking a long hike with some camping equipment. If everything is distributed properly, my energy is put to use with much more efficiency; if not, I'll feel like I'm carrying twenty grocery bags up the stairs at our old Alewa Heights house. If I'm enjoying the environment while I hike, I'm encouraged to continue on, even though my energy may be flagging. But perhaps most importantly, if I am sure of my purpose, then I will not be discouraged by the obstacles in my way, and will be sure of the reason for my hope. I can remember that whenever we hiked Olomana, the view from the top was always well worth the scrapes and sidepains. It's like that with God, I'm thinking. Only right now, I easily forget my purpose. Sure, the scenery may be great, but why go on? If I'm not looking toward what God wants me to look toward, where am I going to end up?



Sometimes it's easy to forget why I have to type out those questions and answers for Dr. DeKavlon, or why I have to read all that theological stuff. I suppose if I'm not abiding in Christ, my purpose becomes mundane very quickly. I suppose I'm learning how being rooted in the Lord extends even to my homework ;)

posted by Bolo | 6:36 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious