Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


9.19.2003  

Black

Read this just now; it's from an interview with Amy Grant, and she's recounting a conversation she had with Minnie Pearl. Here's the excerpt:



We talked about a lot of things that I can't remember, but I left there and wrote down one thing that she had said. She asked me what was the most important color on the palette and I didn't know. And she said, 'Black,' which surprised me. She said, 'Without black there's no depth of color, but you add black to any other color on the palette and suddenly you can create depth. You can take a picture that looked flat and make it look three-dimensional.' She said, 'That's the way life is. It's the hard times, the heartache, the sorrow, the grief, and the struggle that creates depth of character.' I just thought that was beautiful.



Interesting...I've never thought of black being quite so...well...beautiful.

posted by Bolo | 12:17 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious