Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


7.18.2003  

feasting

Thought for the day: Worship is God giving props to Himself...through us.



I was talking with someone last night, and that came up. I'd first heard that at OneDay, and it's stuck with me ever since. One of the thoughts that spurred on was the notion that I often think of worship as beginning with me. How do I explain it? I guess I think of it kind of like this...when I wake up in the morning, there's always a vague, automatic reminder going off in my brain that I've got to acknowledge God and spend some time with Him. There's a problem with that; if I'm not careful, I'll see it as something that *I* am doing, that *my* time is being invested, or that *my* spirit is being grown, without seeing that *He* is calling me and enabling me to come to Him, *He* owns my life, and thus, it is *His* time, and *He* is the one who has justified me and is sanctifying and growing my spirit. Now, I don't know about you, but I find that I have to constantly ask God to flip my view of life with Him upside-down, because I always put myself at the beginning of worshiping Him.



When I heard that at OneDay, I couldn't stop from hearing that phrase echo over and over in my head. "Worship is God giving props to Himself"...it's still a very humbling thought. It takes me and pushes me off to the side, away from the center. Yet, when I think about God's grace, I realize that God's glorfication of Himself through me means that He takes me from the pits of despair and pulls me close to Him...closer than I have any right to be. When God is the one who is moving, stirring me to worship, to feast, to enjoy Him, it is because He is doing so of His own delight, and there is nothing that I can do to deserve such grace. It is then that I realize that I am at His mercy.

posted by Bolo | 4:09 PM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious