Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


12.03.2007  

Hymnal

Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
Hear my humble cry;
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.


Refrain:
Savior, Savior,
Hear my humble cry,
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.


Let me at Thy throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.


Trusting only in Thy merit,
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.


Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me,
Whom have I on earth beside Thee?
Whom in Heav’n but Thee?


-Fanny Crosby

Red Mountain Church recorded an updated version of this classic hymn some years ago; this morning, it's repeating on my iPod. I find in its words simple, constant truths, truths that are vital to the believer who, like me, is driven by confining grace to a throne of mercy, over and over and over again. It is at such a throne of mercy that we find a paradox: a gracious sweetness that arises only through the bitter taste of sin. He who cries out for intimacy has first felt loneliness; for comfort, pain; and a merciful God, the sting of sin.

posted by Bolo | 11:41 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious