Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


5.01.2007  

All Scrabbled Up

Here's the deal. Dana, Ashlea, and Sarah were my Scrabble opponents on Sunday night. On her third turn, Sarah placed down the word "menthols," which not only took advantage of a Triple Word Score, but also used up all seven of her tiles for a fifty point bonus. After all was said and done, that turn garnered her ninety-two points. Ugh.

Fear not, faithful reader, for your Favorite Hawaiian was not about to give up!

Successive scores of fifty-five, thirty-four, and twenty-eight helped me chip away at her ginormous lead, but it wasn't until the very end, when I went out, that I was able to take the lead and win the game. She was a little bitter about it, and although most of you may not care a whit about our Scrabble exploits, I'm sure that Sarah does. She may not speak to me for several months once this post is up, in fact ;)

posted by Bolo | 4:09 PM
4 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious