Smeagol is Free!
A hermitudinal view of...stuff...


9.12.2006  

I Remember

I remember when Rob called and woke me up around 4 in the morning; I thought that one of our servers had been hacked. I also remember him telling me to turn on the TV, and me asking him which channel. When he said it didn't matter, I didn't understand. I remember feeling tired when I'd initially answered the phone, and then, once the TV was on just a few moments later, feeling very, very much awake. It was kind of strange to think it, but I remember wishing it was one of our servers that had been hacked, that it did matter which channel I turned to, and that I was still tired and grumpy, mumbling to myself as I dragged my body into work three hours early to get cracking on a hacked server. I didn't know what to think that day, and quite frankly, I still don't. Words could never express what I can't imagine; images only heighten that conviction.

posted by Bolo | 9:27 AM
0 speakage
Free Hit
Counters
Dell Coupons
Daily
Read
Listen
Visualize
Blogging Buddies
Old School
Me
Bug Me
Yore
Factuality
Quotatious